[vtkusers] calculating intersection, union of two meshes (vtkpolydata)

Erkang Cheng ekyaya at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 11:33:35 EDT 2011

Dear all:

Here is the question I am struggling in.

I want to calculate intersection, union of two meshes. The mesh is actually
vtkPolyData in the codes. I loaded in stl format.

Can vtkImplictBoolean realize the operation?  I am wondering that  the input
parameter of vtkImplicitBoolean->addFunction() is vtkImplicitFunction.

Is there example that I can follow? The input are two meshes(vtkPolyData),
the result is the intersection or union of these two meshes.

Thanks a lot.

Best
Erkang