[vtkusers] How to rotate a plane around its normal?

Jafari, Kourosh kjafari at rad.hfh.edu
Wed Apr 27 23:25:37 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I have a question regarding vtkPlaneSource. I know I can translate and rotate a plane by SetCenter and SetNormal. But when using SetNormal, the rotation is about the axis defined by the cross product of the current normal with the new normal. I need to rotate the plane around its own normal as well. In general, I'd like to change all three axes of the plane. How do I do that? I know SetPoint1 and SetPoint2 are used for defining the axes, but apparently not for changing them.

Thanks!
Kourosh