[vtkusers] JVM Crashes while Call vtkGlobalJavaHash.DeleteAll() in Ubuntu...

Sathish kumar kingvsk at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 02:44:12 EDT 2011

 Hi all,

    I am using VTK with Java wrapper for constructing Dicom 3D. It works fine. But while closing the 3D window the cache memory is not released. After I found that, vtkGlobalJavaHash.DeleteAll() method should be called to destroy all vtk native objects. So i called that method within formclosed event. This works fine with windows and Mac. But with Linux it leads to jvm crash. I don't know where the problem is. Please help me on this.

System Configrations:
    LinuxMint - Release 10 (Julia)
    Memory   - 2.0 GB
    Processor- Intel Core 2 Duo
    JVM        - Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)

I added the code snippet...

loadDicomdata{
    // Code for Load the Dicom Images using vtkDicomImagereader...
}

Load3DMIP(){

    // Code for construct and Display the 3D in JFrame...
}

private void formWindowClosed(java.awt.event.WindowEvent evt) {//GEN-FIRST:event_formWindowClosed
        vtkGlobalJavaHash.DeleteAll();                    // Here the Problem
}

 With Regards,

        Sathish Kumar V