[vtkusers] Error building VTK 64-bit

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Apr 22 22:22:23 EDT 2011

A couple more changes got the build further along, then it hit a compiler
internal error in volumeRendering\vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper.cxx.  Time to cut
my losses here, I think.

The reason for wanting to build the 64-bit version is that I have to process
some big 3D images, too big for a 32-bit program.  In fact the particular VTK
filter I want use operates on 2D slices, so I do have the option of splitting
the big 3D tiff into 2d tiffs, processing them, then recombining them.

There is another potential issue, though.  I want to use
vtkImageIslandRemoval2D, but I see that the example on the VTK site apparently
does not work: VTK/Examples/Broken/Cxx/Images/vtkImageIslandRemoval2D.  Has this
been fixed?

Gib