[vtkusers] What is the callback function of vtkCommand::StartEvent?

wayne5ning wayne5ning at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 05:59:30 EDT 2011

When an vtkRenderWindow is about to Render, it invokes the event
vtkCommand::StartEvent, but I cannot find how this event is handled.

I've tried to find all the matches of vtkCommand::StartEvent in the source
files, which are listed in the attached picture. Because the event handling
is based on the observer pattern, so I'm interested in the AddObserver()
function as highlighted in red boxes in the picture. Four
AddObserver(vtkCommand::StartEvent,...) functions are found, e.g. in
Cone2.cxx, TestTemporalCacheSimple.cxx, TestTemporalCacheTemporal.cxx,
vtkParallelRenderManager.cxx. After excluding the example and testing files,
we have vtkParallelRenderManager.cxx.

I'm wondering whether the rendering runs in parallel mode. If not, then how
does vtkCommand object handdle the vtkCommand::StartEvent in its Execute()
method?

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n4330409/vtkCommand_StartEvent_matches.png