[vtkusers] Using VTK in a Visual C++ project

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:35:28 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM, KK <karoll.frindel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made some progress on my problem.
> One type of linking errors was due to a conflict with a default library
> msvcprt.
> Now I still have linking errors but of another type.
> Sounds like it is unable to find les .obj from the .lib ...?...!

Nothing so crazy as that, it is just unable to find some symbols.
Ignore what it says about .obj files for now.  When you see errors
like this, it usually means that you are missing a library.

The missing symbols are from the standard template library, which is
part of the C++ runtime.  When you look at your cl.exe command line,
does it include /MD?  And are you linking to vtksys.lib?

 - David