[vtkusers] Using VTK in a Visual C++ project

Frese Daniel Dr. frese at heidenhain.de
Thu Apr 14 05:36:54 EDT 2011

Hi Karoll

I never encountered this message. There is a comment on this compiler switch on msdn (google for "visual studio compiler option /EHs"); the content there is a bit over my head, but /EHs seems to deal with exception handling. According to msdn, it seems like this switch can be changed. Did you select this value for the exception handling on purpose ?

Another question: what did you change /clr from ? When it was at /clr:pure or some other entry that does not accept native, unmanaged C++ code, this is probably the right thing to play with.

By the way, the vtk.sln file, which is created by CMake, provides a target INSTALL. Building this target moves all vtk headers and lib files to directories, that work fine for me (no need to copy these files around manually).

Daniel