[vtkusers] How to increase the resolution of an Image?

mirko heuegger mheuegger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 05:09:52 EDT 2011

Hello!

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM, rakesh patil
<prakeshofficial at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use vtkPNGWriter to write an image in PNG form. Now I need to increase the
> resolution, and quality of this image. How can I do this using vtkPNGWriter?

using only a vtkPNGWriter, no idea.
But you might take a look at the vtkRenderLargeImage class
(<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkRenderLargeImage.html>)
That should do the trick to increase the resolution.

eg: (code is c#)
largeScreenExpoHelper = vtkRenderLargeImage.New();
largeScreenExpoHelper.SetInput(vtkRenderer);
largeScreenExpoHelper.SetMagnification(enlageFactor);
// ...
pngWriter.SetInputConnection(largeScreenExpoHelper.GetOutputPort());
// ...

hth

mirko

--
Real programmers don't document; if it was
hard to write, it should be hard to understand.