[vtkusers] Time varying data example as vtk xml file

Lars Bilke lars.bilke at ufz.de
Tue Apr 12 06:54:32 EDT 2011

Dear vtkusers,

as stated in the VTK User's Guide (11.2 VTK's implementation of time support) it should be possible to have a SINGLE vtk xml file (e.g. .vtu) with time varying data. But I cannot find any example which uses this capability. I also found some statements on the list that is possible but not how. Because I want to manually write (without using the VTK library itself) a vtk xml file from our simulation code I would like to see an example.

Thanks for your help.

Lars Bilke