[vtkusers] converting vtkImageData to vtkUnstructuredGrid

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:46:32 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Liam Kurmos <quantum.leaf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, do you know what the equivalent of Delaney Triangulation
> is called higher dimensional simplexes? I guess this what
> vtkDataSetTriangleData does to produce tetrahedra from arbitrary
> points.

I think that it is still called Delaunay triangulation (or
N-dimensional Delaunay triangulation).  I'm not sure if that
is what vtkDataSetTriangleFilter uses for images, since
vtkVoxel::Triangulate() provides a direct, efficient method for
generating tetrahedrons from voxels.  You can look at the
vtkDataSetTriangleFilter code to see which method it uses.

 - David