[vtkusers] Problem with allocating memory for huge vtkImage and memory-fragmentation ?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Apr 8 10:10:16 EDT 2011

Not sure about directly rendering image data.

As Kevin hinted at, assuming you go the image->filters->polydata
route, there is vtkPolyDataMapper::SetPiece/NumberOfPieces to do the
partitioning manually, and/or SetNumberOfSubPieces to have the mapper
iterate.

You should also pay close attention to the vtkExtentTranslator to make
sure the image decomposition suites your use case.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive