[vtkusers] Problem with allocating memory for huge vtkImage and memory-fragmentation ?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Fri Apr 8 05:24:32 EDT 2011

Thanks Dženan,

I am using MinGW and QT Opensource , so I am restricted to 32Bit.
Before using vtkImageData , I used simple data-structure that allocates one
memory block for each Z-Slice,(not a continuous block for the entire volume
).That helped me to avoid the memory fragmentation.
Now I moved to vtkImagaData.Does it always allocate one
large continuous block or is there any flag to change memory allocation
scheme?

Thanks