[vtkusers] How to 'best' visualize meshed objects with VTK?

Petr Lorenz petr.lorenz at ieee.org
Fri Apr 8 01:02:53 EDT 2011

Thank you for the hints.

I have now solved the problem by creating one vtkPolyData object for
each discretized object and drawing there the cubes of the object as
polygons (6 faces for each cube). In this way I have only as many actors
as I have objects and things are much faster.

I find also interesting the idea of using surface rendering. As I am not
so deep in VTK yet, could you provide me with a simple example, or a
hint where to look, on how this can be done? Will this render the
surface of an object only?

Thank you.

Petr