[vtkusers] vtkSphereWidget2 movement

Frable zemitis.janis at inbox.lv
Thu Apr 7 05:34:32 EDT 2011

Hey Vtk Users

I am using a vtkSphereWidget2 for interactive spotlight placement. The
problem I have encountered is that I can not restrict the sphere movement.
Neither

TranslationEnabledOff ()
SetTranslationEnabled (0)  or giving the vtkProp
DragableOff() to the sphereRepresentation doesn't achieve the fixing in
place.

Is it still a bug in vtk 5.6 or can the source of this problem be that I am
using a QVTKInteractor as the renderwindo is embedded in an Qt widget.

I guess I could catch/overwrite the events triggering the translation, tough
there might be a better way?
Maybe there is something that I have to consider that reactivates the
translation by init?

Best Regards