[vtkusers] VC++ 2010 Express Build Issues

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Wed Apr 6 17:01:21 EDT 2011

I'm running XP Pro SP3 and using VC++ 2010 Express.

I think I have a clean install of vtk 5.6.1 in vtk561-bin.

How would I check to be sure the install is correct ?

I start a new Console application  called Cone2011Test and the VC supplied
code run as expected.
I add code for vtk includes and set the Include directory to vtk561-bin and
build again.

VC looks for and cannot find vtkCylinderSource.h.

Please assist.
Perhaps there are suggested methods for building vtk application that I
don't know.
I have looked at the examples and would prefer to code my examples from
scratch.

Bob