[vtkusers] Does VTK support loading MRC files ?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Apr 4 17:22:51 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Ashika Umanga Umagiliya
<aumanga at biggjapan.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
> I want to load volume data (vtkImageData) from MRC files.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRC_(file_format)
> Does VTK support this format?
> Thank in advace.

I am not aware of current support, but would certainly be interested
in adding support for the format. The spec looks quite
straightforward, if you (or someone else) interested in adding this
contributed a reader, along with an example file, it looks like it
would be quite straightforward to write. I should be able to help in
getting it integrated.

I am working with other formats from computational chemistry, but this
is not currently in scope for the work I am doing.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.