[vtkusers] VTK causes Crash in ntdll.dll

Sandhase ralf at buchbach.com
Sun Apr 3 10:55:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

i'm using VTK 5.6.1 binaries with java.

I have integrated a project which uses vtk in my eclipse workspace and
changed the library paths to the right places.

The Application starts fine but when i want to load the frame that uses vtk
the application crashes. at first i got a "Can't find dependent
libraries"-error from vtkCommon.dll. I solved this by adding the path to the
vtk bin directory to the PATH Environment Variable.

Now the complete jvm crashes. the hs_err.log-file says me that the error
occures in ntdll.dll (offset: 0x53332)

Stack: [0x000000000ac90000,0x000000000ad90000],  sp=0x000000000ad8ae30,
free space=1003k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native
code)
C  [ntdll.dll+0x53332]

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  vtk.vtkRenderWindow.VTKInit()J+0
j  vtk.vtkObject.()V+6
j  vtk.vtkWindow.()V+1
j  vtk.vtkRenderWindow.()V+1
j  vtk.vtkPanel.()V+9
j  gui.widgets.restoringForce.restoringForceWidget.()V+81

I have not compiled vtk for myself. i've taken the libraries from the other
PC (compiled for x86 and x64)

My System: Win7 Prof SP1 64bit. Java 6 Update 24 x64 SDK

Any idea what may cause this error?

BR
Sandhase