[vtkusers] new to vtk / python - some probs

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:22:21 EDT 2011

Run "ctest -R Python" in your build tree.  That will allow you to
be sure that it was the install, and not the build, that has caused
the problem.

Use depends.exe or a similar tool to find out what DLL the
vtkCommonPython.pyd module is unable to find.

If you built VTK as Debug but have a python built as Release,
that could be causing problems.  Whenever I need to debug
VTK/Python on Windows, I use RelWithDebInfo instead of
Debug.  (If you want to go full debug mode with python, you
would have to compile your own debug version of python
with the same compiler used with VTK... but personally I
find that to be too much of a hassle).

 - David