[vtkusers] GCC 4.5 Mac Os X

Brickle Macho bricklemacho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:09:25 EDT 2011

> What is the complete compile error with this step:
>
>> CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:44 (MESSAGE):
>>   no suitable type found
> It almost looks like gcc can not find the correct header files so it can not find a "type" that is defined with Apple's GCC and not your GCC.

Ahh, okay, looking further up the output cmake cannot find:

sys/types.h
stdint.h
stddef.h

So I need to locate these files for gcc 4.5.2 and somehow inform CMake,
is that correct?

For completeness here is the complete output requested:

bricklemacho-imac-g5:VTK-2 brickle$ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
/Users/brickle/development/source/VTK
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /opt/local/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /opt/local/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /opt/local/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /opt/local/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Performing Test HAVE_GCC_ERROR_RETURN_TYPE
-- Performing Test HAVE_GCC_ERROR_RETURN_TYPE - Success
-- Performing Test HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems
-- Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems - Success
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libXext.dylib
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in
/opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib;/opt/local/lib/libXext.dylib - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /opt/local/lib/libX11.dylib
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler accepts flag -no-cpp-precomp
-- Checking to see if CXX compiler accepts flag -no-cpp-precomp - No
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - not found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - not found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - not found
-- Check size of int
-- Check size of int - failed
-- Check size of long
-- Check size of long - failed
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - failed
-- Check size of char
-- Check size of char - failed
-- Check size of short
-- Check size of short - failed
-- Check size of float
-- Check size of float - failed
-- Check size of double
-- Check size of double - failed
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_LIMITS_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_LIMITS_H - not found.
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_UNISTD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_UNISTD_H - not found.
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - not found.
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_SYS_PRCTL_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_SYS_PRCTL_H - not found.
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - failed
-- Check size of unsigned int
-- Check size of unsigned int - failed
-- Check size of unsigned long
-- Check size of unsigned long - failed
CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:44
(MESSAGE):
  no suitable type found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/CMakeBackwardCompatibilityC.cmake:31 (TEST_BIG_ENDIAN)
  CMakeLists.txt:428 (INCLUDE)