[vtkusers] Make text standout against variety of backgrounds(vtkTextActor)

Adam Bruss abruss at awrcorp.com
Thu Sep 30 12:33:26 EDT 2010

Hello fellow VTKUsers,

I'm using the vtkTextActor to show 2d text on the screen. Sometimes the text is hard to read because the objects in the background are colored close to the color of the text. For example red text on top of a red object or black text on top of a dark blue object. It would be great if I could give text an outline in a different color. This would make it stand out.

So my question is what options does VTK have to make text standout against a variety of backgrounds?

Thanks,
Adam

Adam Bruss
Development Engineer
AWR Corporation/Simulation Technology & Applied Research
11520 N. Port Washington Rd., Suite 201
Mequon, WI  53092  USA
P: 1.262.240.0291 x104
F: 1.262.240.0294