[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] WG: DataSetSurfaceFilter supporting blanking with StructuredGrid

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Thu Sep 30 10:40:17 EDT 2010

Hi Dr. Schumacher,

The version of vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter you sent appears to be from a very
old version of VTK. Presently none of that logic exists nor does
the BlankedStructuredExecute function exist that preformed the blanking.
vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter also has more than 70 commits that have been made to
it since that version from ~9 years ago so unfortunately I cannot simply
restore it to that state.

Though I am curious if anyone in the community knows why the functionality
was removed or why vtkStructured/UnstructuredGrid still have their
GetPointBlanking/GetCellBlanking API as it doesn't appear to be used anymore
and leads to the belief that we do support Blanking?