[vtkusers] Legacy VTK file using Polyhedron?

da remywendy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:19:46 EDT 2010

Hey folks,

I've been wanting to use the new Polyhedron capabilities, and would like to
use the legacy vtk file format to store them. I have updated my vtk to the
lastest source.  I created a simple file that has one polyhedron, outlined
below. However, when trying to read this file, nothing shows up? Am I doing
this correctly? I'm following the format on the wiki page for polyhedron
support.

[numberOfCellFaces, (numberOfPointsOfFace0, pointId0, pointId1, … ),
(numberOfPointsOfFace1, pointId0, pointId1, …), … ].

Any advice / ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Unstructured Grid Example
ASCII

DATASET UNSTRUCTURED_GRID
POINTS 8 float
0 0 0
0 0 1
0 1 1
0 1 0
1 1 1
1 1 0
1 0 0
1 0 1
CELLS 1 32
31 6 4 0 1 2 3 4 4 5 6 7 4 0 1 7 8 4 2 3 4 5 4 0 3 5 6 4 1 2 4 7
CELL_TYPES 1
42