[vtkusers] starting Help

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 12:16:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Hugo Valdebenito <hugo at maptek.cl> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm new in VTK and I want to make a triangulation from points and vertices
> defined, I need to create a big triangulation to test performance, and later
> improve some optimization. How can I do that, Does anyone have any
> example?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Hi Hugo,

There are many VTK examples here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx

Are you talking about triangulating 2D points? For this you can use
vtkDelaunay2D. If you are talking about surface reconstruction
(triangulating 3D points) this is much harder. Please give us some more
information and look through the above examples and we'll be better able to
point you in the right direction.

David