[vtkusers] Developing a class library for mouse control using a camera

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Wed Sep 29 07:27:48 EDT 2010

Hi,
      I was wondering if anyone has considered developing a class library to implement mouse control using a standard camera? It would have to be real-time, and I was wondering if someone has already attempted this?

VTK, while it might not be real time, could be used to explore the image processing, segmentation and detection algorithms for such an application, and later on, a real-time implementation could be attempted on Mac OS X 10.6.4, and open sourced.

It would be awesome to get rid of the mouse on the iMac and just use gestures and your fingers to manipulate and draw stuff on screen.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson