[vtkusers] Where are the libraries?

Barney Sperlin bsperlinus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 18:27:28 EDT 2010

Thanks to John and Jothy I was able to get vtk_minimal to compile and run.  The webpage of instructions was necessary as was the suggestion to get the platform SDK (which I hadn't gotten previously since I was on dial-up and the download time was about 20 hours.  Recently I got cable internet and such things are available!).  Finally, running the compiled and linked program I got a lot of dll errors which I only solved by moving each requested dll from c:\program files\vtk\bin to c:\windows\system32.
Thank you again and now I can start actually learning VTK! (and ask somewhat more advanced question here ... )
     Barney