[vtkusers] Where are the libraries?

Barney Sperlin bsperlinus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 11:41:55 EDT 2010

Hi John,
     I set both the source and build to:

C:/Program Files/vtk-5.6.0

    What should they be pointing to?
     Barney

--- On Mon, 9/27/10, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Where are the libraries?
To: "Barney Sperlin" <bsperlinus at yahoo.com>, "VTK" <vtkusers at vtk.org>
Date: Monday, September 27, 2010, 11:20 AM

I can not answer where the libraries are because you are the one that
should have that set that before the configure stage in cmake-gui. I
mean what did you set for the "Where to build binaries" folder?

>      I downloaded VTK and CMake, then ran CMake and both "configure" and "generate" worked (both said "done" in the lower window of CMake).
>      However, when I ran VS2005 Express with C++ and tried to get the project vtk_minimal to work the project compiles but doesn't link, stopping on the notice that vtkCommon.lib wasn't found.
>      When I used Windows search it couldn't find it and, actually, I don't see any other such libs.  What do I need to do?

Try building a second time. Sometimes depending on options the
libraries are not generated on the first pass. I see this when I have
Qt enabled.

If that does not work you will have to examine the errors in building
the libraries.

--
John M. Drescher