[vtkusers] VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/BorderWidget

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:16:44 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Anders Wallin
<anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> when I try to compile this example:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/BorderWidget
> on my Ubuntu 10.04LTS system I get:
> SimpleView.cxx:11:28: error: vtkQtTableView.h: No such file or directory
>
> However the example seems (?) to compile and work when commenting out
> the offending #include line in SimpleView.cxx
>
> I have installed:
> vtk5.2.1
> libvtk5-qt4-dev
> libvtk5.2-qt4
> qt 4.6.2
>
> are the examples supposed to compile without errors on this platform?
>
> thanks,
> Anders

Anders,

There were a lot of unused includes in that example. I removed them. I also
changed the dual renderers to a single renderer. This was not adding
anything useful to the example - it's point is to demonstrate that the
widget must be a member of the class so it does not go out of scope (and
hence mysteriously not be displayed).

The Qt examples are not tested by our nightly dashboard as the rest of the
examples are. Maybe Bill can comment on adding this functionality?

Let me know if you have any other problems,

David