[vtkusers] about vtkPointWidget

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 17:13:48 EDT 2010

2010/9/26 myaqua1982 <myaqua1982 at 163.com>

>  Hi all,
> I have select the world coordinate of a point in the object which I read
> from a STL file. Now I want to place a point to represent the point that I
> have selected when I click mouse button. But I have no idea how to do this.
> Is vtkPointWidget ok? Or something else? Please give me some advice. Thank
> you for your attention!

How have you done the selection? There's probably no need for a
vtkPointWidget if you just want to display a point. Take a look at this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelectedPoints

If you also need to know how to do the selection/picking, you can take a
look at this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/Picking
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Picking/HighlightSelectedPoints>
David