[vtkusers] how to transfer vtkMultiBlockDataSet to vtkPolyData

赖瑞勋 lairuixun at 163.com
Sun Sep 26 03:36:56 EDT 2010

  Hi! I am a novice at VTK.
I want to read my Tecplot data and show it using VTK.The data file(old_bridge.plt) and the result had been adjoined into attachment.
In the data file ,it has 8 nodes,6 cells with the type of triangle.
My code(showBridge.cxx) adjoined into attachment.And my trouble is how to transfer vtkMultiBlockDataSet to vtkPolyData. This code is the modification from the book "The Visualization Toolkit  3rd" in chapter 5.
Do you think my solution is right ? or there are some other ways to do this more effectively?
The on line help "vtkTecplotReader Class Reference" says:"vtkTecplotReader parses an ASCII Tecplot file,and can  extract vtkPointData and / orvtkCellData".Unfortunately,there are not have additional details of how to extract the pointdata and celldata.
I have been puzzled by this problem for few days , after all,there are so many Classessimilarin VTK.
Any suggestions are very glad.
Thanks!
Reece