[vtkusers] vtkCurvature

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:31:21 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I would like to implement a filter to ParaView which calculates the radius of curvature of streamlines.

I've browsed a little and found that there is already a curvature filter, which calculates the Gaussian curvature and the mean curvature using vtkCurvatures. This is nearly what I need, but somehow, I cannot apply it to the streamlines, I get the error message

No points/cells to operate on.

Maybe you could point me to a source where the functionality of vtkCurvatures is explained in detail and the usage described.

Thanks a lot,
Natalie