[vtkusers] mass spring model using vttk

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Mon Sep 20 20:36:14 EDT 2010

Ali Habib wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I successfully selected part and  applied linear transformation using
> simple equation x =x+ displacement  , but I want to transform using
> mass spring model , do any one do that ? or do u have any idea
>
> your contribution will be highly appreciated
>

> Best regards

I am not sure what the scope of your question is, but in general VTK
allows you to animate a scene by using the M key interaction. that
combined with the endevent callback from the renderer can be used to
continously update and display the model. Creating an illusion of a
mass-spring would be a some application of a sinusoidal transform in
displacement, rotation and/or scale. Google can help,
http://www.dsprelated.com/dspbooks/filters/Mass_Spring_Oscillator_Analysis.html
may give you some leads in simulating realistic objects.

HTH
Jim