[vtkusers] Moving a glyph

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 22:49:02 EDT 2010

I am attempting to modify the underlying data of an actor by glyphing
a PolyData's points and then interacting with a specific glyph.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/Interaction/MoveAGlyph

I trick the interactor into thinking a new object (MoveActor) is what
it should be interacting with. I "spawns" a ghost glyph. When the
interaction is complete (OnMiddleButtonUp) I try to update the
underlying point in the data set. This update does work (the actual
data point is changed), but the positions of the glyphs are not
updated! Shouldn't the pipeline take care of this (since the polydata
is connected to the glyphFilter which is connected to the mapper which
is connected to the renderer)?

Any comments on what I've done here?

Thanks,

David