[vtkusers] How to work with vtkLookupTable?

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:27:50 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a set of colours randomly selected colors( not any color ramp). But
when I use this lookup table, i get only a single line in the scalarbar. For
example

I have the color table like this

-5  ----- Red
-3 ------ Green
-1 ------ Black
1  ------ orange
3  ------ Blue
5  ------ Yellow

where my lookup table range is -5 to 5

when i set this lookup table to the scalarbar actor, i get a default hue
range color ramp( red to blue) and on top of that, a single line of Red,
single line of green, single line of black and so on..
It should show continuous colors on the scalarbar.. But it doesnt show. How
do i work with lookuptable for random colors?

I am sorry, the code is very big and thus, i cannot paste it here..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Warm Regards
Rakesh Patil