[vtkusers] about vtk python bindings and Qt

Nicola Creati ncreati at inogs.it
Thu Sep 16 10:20:35 EDT 2010

Hello,
I got today the last VTK by git and compiled using the
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_SIP, VTK_WRAP_PYTHON, VTK_USE_QT but none of the
GUISupport Python test works (TestQVTKWidget.py and  TestQVTKWidget2.py):

ERROR: testQVTKWidget (__main__.TestQVTKWidget)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "TestQVTKWidget.py", line 13, in testQVTKWidget
    w2 = vtk.QVTKWidget()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'QVTKWidget'

QVTKWidget is missing.
Is there some other particular switch I have to set in the compilation?
Thanks.

Nicola

Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> I've not tried it, but it should work because the ParentChanged notification is implemented, whereas it isn't for QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.
>
> Clint
>
> On Sep 16, 2010, at 8:02 AM, Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao wrote:
>

>> one pronlem that I have had with the QVTKRenderWindowInteractor is
>> that I can't use it with an MDI application in PyQt4, this is solved
>> with this bindings?
>>
>> On 9/15/10, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Feel free to keep it on the list.
>>>
>>> The pyqt+vtk bindings are quite light.
>>> As for stability, it looks OK to me when using the examples and tests that
>>> are
>>> already in VTK.
>>>
>>> Clint

>> --
>> Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
>> Centro de Biofisica Medica
>> Todos somos muy ignorantes, lo que ocurre es que no todos ignoramos lo mismo.
>>
>> Recuerda: El arca de Noe fue construida por aficionados, el titanic
>> por profesionales

Nicola Creati
Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale - OGS www.inogs.it Dipartimento di Geofisica della Litosfera Geophysics of Lithosphere Department CARS (Cartography and Remote Sensing) Research Group http://www.inogs.it/Cars/ Borgo Grotta Gigante 42/c 34010 Sgonico - Trieste - ITALY ncreati at ogs.trieste.it
off.   +39 040 2140 213
fax.   +39 040 327307

This communication, that may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information, is intended solely for the use of the intended addressees. Opinions, conclusions and other information contained in this message, that do not relate to the official business of OGS, shall be considered as not given or endorsed by it. Every opinion or advice contained in this communication is subject to the terms and conditions provided by the agreement governing the engagement with such a client. Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this communication by a not-intended recipient or in violation of the purposes of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. For Italy only: Ai sensi del D.Lgs.196/2003 - "T.U. sulla Privacy" si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario.