[vtkusers] Help

Yuanming SUO yuanming.suo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 05:06:28 EDT 2010

Hi, all,

  I am a new user to VTK and trying to install a VTK extension for MATLAB -
matVTK. When I am displaying the volume data, MATLAB crashes because of the
VTK extension. The error message is in display window as follow,
"ERROR: In E:\Download\vtk-5.6.0\Rendering\vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.cxx,
line 341
vtkOpenGLExtensionManager (051B91B8): Extension GL_VERSION_1_2 could not be
loaded."

But I used glew to check that my graphic card does support GL_VERSION_1_2.

GL_VERSION_1_1:                                                OK
---------------

GL_VERSION_1_2:                                                OK
---------------
  glCopyTexSubImage3D:                                         OK
  glDrawRangeElements:                                         OK
  glTexImage3D:                                                OK
  glTexSubImage3D:                                             OK

GL_VERSION_1_3:                                                OK

Could someone help me with this? Is there something I have done wrong?
Thanks a lot.

And one more question, when I build VTK, should I link it with OpenGL in
Visual Studio? How could I do that? Thanks a lot for explanation.
--

Yuanming Suo