[vtkusers] Simple vtkParametricTorus question

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:06:58 EDT 2010

> Hi David,

> Thank you for your response, I ended up setting the position of the
> torusActor->SetPosition(x_center,y_center,z_center).  Do you think this is
> fine?

> Also, I have the torus overlayed on an image to point out an ROI.  I am
> having trouble showing the torus on top of the image.  For on the z view, I
> just used:

    torusMapper->SetResolveCoincidentTopologyToShiftZBuffer();

    torusMapper->SetResolveCoincidentTopologyZShift(200);

> and it worked great.

> but for my other two views, my camera is looking down from the x and y axis
> respectively, how can I bring the torus above the rest?

> Thanks,

Haider

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Haider Syed <hsyed88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please disregard my previous email about trouble with the shifting, I was
able to figure it out.

> However, in the xz and yz planes, the torus has an ellipsoid shape.  I
want to use this as a circle.  Do you know how I could acheive this?

> Thanks,
> Haider

Haider,

Please keep the discussion on the list so that everyone can help and
benefit.

If you transform the actor, you will not have access to the transformed
data. You should use the vtkTransform method if you need to access the data.
You should use the SetPosition (or SetUserTransform) on the actor if you
just want it to appear differently on the screen.

See my "Transforms" slides here: http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Presentations

Good luck,

David