[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyleUser

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 17:05:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Jim Peterson <jimcp at cox.net> wrote:

> Adding to this context,
>
> It might be the value of this vtkInteractorStyleUser class is deprecated
> with the use of the Observer's, I am not really up to speed on the why's and
> what's of the Observer style of interaction specification to this point,
> only the how. and a  MiddleButtonPressMethod would be an observer event
> fired by the IneractionWindow callback to an observer function set of the
> MiddlePuttonPressEvent.
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim. So in summary vtkInteractorStyleUser is old and it is no
different than any other vtkInteractorStyle* . To use it, one should just
use observers like this :

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/InteractorStyleUser

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Interaction/InteractorStyleUser>Would
someone be so kind as to post an example of how to use observers (or
otherwise handle interaction) in Python?

Thanks,

David