[vtkusers] vtkInteractorStyleUser

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Tue Sep 14 16:42:26 EDT 2010

David,
" If you want to hook into just a single mouse button, but leave the
interaction modes for the others unchanged, you must use e.g.
SetMiddleButtonPressMethod() instead of the more general
SetButtonPressMethod()."

The Set...Method are the old style (vtk versions 1, 2 and maybe 3)
callback format as I recall. One would expect they are replaced with
AddObserver functions if they are still implemented.

I am guessing the doc should read something about the eventIDs

  LeftButtonPressEvent,
  LeftButtonReleaseEvent,
  MiddleButtonPressEvent,
  MiddleButtonReleaseEvent,