[vtkusers] How get DICOM image intensity?

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Fri Sep 10 09:58:12 EDT 2010

I think GetScalarPointer returns an address of the scalar that still
needs to be dereferenced according to the scalar type for the image.

I googled  - vtk getscalarpointer - and the class reference is pretty
complete. you probably need to use GetScalarType to determine how to
cast the pointer from  GetScalarPointer to dereference the value.