[vtkusers] Slicer on a vtkSPLineRepresentation

Raúl Ferriz raul at torresyvalero.com
Thu Sep 9 07:07:30 EDT 2010

  Hello!

I need some help with this because I don't know if exists something like
I need.

Short version:
I have a 3d volume data.
I have a SPLine defined by user with a vtkSPLineWidget.
I want to get an slice of the volume data at every requested point of
the SPLine, the plane is the normal of the SPLine at this point.

Long version:
I have a 3d volume data. I want that user define an SPLine to make some
custom slices. The idea is that user defines his own path (with
vtkSPLineWidget and vtkSPLineRepresentation). And then user has an
scrollbar (0-100% for example) where it selects at what point of the
path should be obtained the image. The plane to get that image is
tangent of SPLine at this point and position of point, or at least I
think that this should be. This image need to be rendered on another actor.

I have now the 3d volume data, the vtkSPLineWidget and
vtkSPLineRepresentation, but I don't know how to get desired image ...
any idea?

Many thanks.