[vtkusers] vtkEventQtSlotConnect not able to connect to Mouse Release Events

imran khan khan.imranh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:08:23 EDT 2010

I have a windows application where I instrumented connecting the mouse
events in QVTkWidget to slots and noticed that *NONE* of the mouse
*RELEASE*events
can be captured into a slot using vtkEventQtSlotConnect.

 connections = vtkEventQtSlotConnect::New();

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::EnterEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseEnter()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::LeaveEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseLeave()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::LeftButtonPressEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseLeftButtonPress()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::LeftButtonReleaseEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseLeftButtonRelease()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::MouseWheelForwardEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseWheelForward()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::MouseWheelBackwardEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseWheelBackward()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::RightButtonPressEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseRightButtonPress()));

 connections->Connect(interactorROI,
                       vtkCommand::RightButtonReleaseEvent,
                       this,
                       SLOT(handleMouseRightButtonRelease()));

All other mouse events work.

 I noticed that a couple of other folks

Constantine Zakkaroff  adn Tamaron     : vtkEventQtSlotConnect skips
vtkCommand::LeftButtonReleaseEvent?

Have also experienced this. This is a very basic functionality for me to use
the QVTKWidget. I hope someone can suggest
a solution or a workaround.

--
Imran <http://www.linkedin.com/in/imranhkhan>