[vtkusers] Help with installation

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:56:59 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Vikram Mehta <vvmehta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is my first week working with Linux (Red hat enterprise) 2.6 and I have
> spent a lot of time going through forums and google to install
> VTK 5.6.1.
>
> I would like to ask how I could test VTK just to see that everything is
> working fine as my next step is to install VMTK so this is a pre-requisite
> software I need.
>
> I went into the Examples -> Tutorials folder and I want to try Step 1 (the
> hello world example)
>
> How do I go about it ?
>
> Please help .
>
> Best regards,
> Vikram.

Vikram,

There are many examples on the VTK wiki:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples

There are some instructions for getting started here:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Instructions/ForUsers

Let us know if anything is confusing and 1) we'll help you and 2) we'll
update the instructions.

David