[vtkusers] Merge polydatas of different sizes

Joey Mukherjee joeymu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 12:09:10 EDT 2010

I have two datasets which I am using/rendering as polydata.  I can
overlay these datasets and see that the results line up like I expect
geometrically.

However, I would like to color one dataset by the scalars of the
other.  The problem is the datasets are different size and in fact,
the one I would like to use a "color" is just a subset of the first
dataset.  Ideally, I'd like to color just the parts present in the
second dataset and leave the remaining scalars from the first dataset
in place.

Or maybe the reverse?  Get the subset of the geometry from the first
dataset and then apply these colors, and then continue to overlay
them?

My first dataset has been warped with vtkWarpScalar and its geometry
is perfect.  I just want to change the colors on a small region of the
entire image.

Does anyone have any hints on what filters I can use to achieve this?

Thanks,
Joey