[vtkusers] FindCell in multithreaded application

John Haiducek jhaiduce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:40:08 EDT 2010

I have a multithreaded application which calls vtkDataSet::FindCell many
times. Even though I'm using the thread-safe version of FindCell, I get
occasional segmentation faults when I call FindCell, unless I protect the
calls to FindCell with a pthread_mutex_lock(). As I understand it, FindCell
shouldn't need this as long as the first call to FindCell on that dataset is
protected with a pthread_mutex_lock. Is this correct? Is there some way to
safely use FindCell() in parallel within a threaded application?