[vtkusers] vtkChartXY

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Oct 27 13:05:05 EDT 2010

2010/10/26 Hagen Mölle <h.moelle at googlemail.com>:
> Hi Marcus and Eric,
>
> I am finished with writing a new logarithmic scale for logarithmic axis. I
> produced a patch too (git diff > VTK.patch). Is there a specific procedure
> to merge the code into current master of VTK. Before doing this you
> hopefully want to look over the code and test it.
>
> Some remarks to my changes:
>
> 1. If axis labels are large then they will overlap.
> 2. If order of magnitude of the axis is lower than/equal 5 then labels will
> be ... 1 2 5 10 20 50 100 ... Other wise labels will be ... 1 10 100 1000

I don't see any attachment. I am in the process of writing something
up on using it, but Gerrit will be a preferred method of contributing
changes to VTK. You can push a topic branch, I can easily fetch it
into my local tree, test it and comment on it. For now, I would
suggest being very brave and testing it out, using 'git format-patch'
to generate a patch file, or pushing a branch on one of the services
such as Gitorious.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.