[vtkusers] Latest SnowLeopard Java update is missing headers

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 02:48:49 EDT 2010

For the Apple/Java users out there,

Last week I noticed that VTK/Java wouldn't compile after an automatic
update of my OS X 10.6 system.  It seems that the header files that
should be in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers/ are
not there anymore.  Luckily, they were still in the MacOSX10.6.sdk.

I copied the files from here, and now the Java build works again:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Headers/

At first I thought that it was just random chance and that only my own
machine was effected, but the VTK dashboard seems to indicate that
those header files were removed from all Macs that received that
update.

  David