[vtkusers] Nubie OS X question.

Barry evansbj at telusplanet.net
Mon Oct 25 13:33:15 EDT 2010

Thanks Sean

Much better

When using cmake it works just fine.

I get a functioning Cocoa application
And I see the graphics.

But if I use the xcode file

I had to point the VTK library reference to my local installed copies.

And when I compile I get these linker errors:

Undefined symbols:
 "_objc_msgSendSuper2", referenced from:
     -[vtkCocoaGLView resetCursorRects] in libvtkRendering.a(vtkCocoaGLView.mm.o)
     -[vtkCocoaGLView initWithFrame:] in libvtkRendering.a(vtkCocoaGLView.mm.o)
     -[vtkCocoaServer initWithRenderWindow:] in libvtkRendering.a(vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor.mm.o)
     -[vtkCocoaTimer initWithInteractor:timerId:] in libvtkRendering.a(vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor.mm.o)
    (maybe you meant: l_objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup_init, _objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup , l_objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup_drawRect_ , l_objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup_dealloc , l_objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup_close , l_objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup_windowControllerDidLoadNib_ , l_objc_msgSendSuper2_fixup_initWithFrame_ )
 "___bzero", referenced from:
     _vtk_jpeg_gen_optimal_table in libvtkjpeg.a(jchuff.c.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found

I think I'm missing a standard library reference, but I'm not sure which one.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks for all of your help.

Barry

Never give a sword to a man who can't dance.
Confucius