[vtkusers] vtkGeoAlignedImageSource SetLatitudeRange and SetLongitudeRange

Donny donnyz at charter.net
Sun Oct 24 13:54:50 EDT 2010

I am using vtkGeoView and would just like to apply a
vtkGeoAlignedImageSource to just the lower 48 United States. I have an image
that represents the US with extents of -126 to -66 Degrees Longitude and 24
to 50 Degrees Latitude. I thought I could just call SetLatitudeRange and
SetLongitudeRange on the image source object. This still wraps the image
around the whole globe, just at a lower resolution. Can someone tell me how
I can accomplish this.

  m_geoview = vtkGeoView::New();

  m_geoview->DisplayHoverTextOff();

  m_geoview->GetRenderWindow()->SetMultiSamples(0);

  m_geoview->GetRenderWindow()->SetSize(400,400);

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkGeoTerrain> terrain =

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkGeoTerrain>::New();

  vtkGeoGlobeSource* globeSource = vtkGeoGlobeSource::New();

  globeSource->Initialize();

  terrain->SetSource(globeSource);

  m_geoview->SetTerrain(terrain);

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkGeoAlignedImageRepresentation> imageRep =

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkGeoAlignedImageRepresentation>::New();

  vtkGeoAlignedImageSource* alignedSource = vtkGeoAlignedImageSource::New();

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkBMPReader> reader =

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkBMPReader>::New();

  reader->SetFileName("C:\\usa48.bmp");

  reader->Update();

  alignedSource->SetImage(reader->GetOutput());

  alignedSource->Initialize();

  alignedSource->SetLatitudeRange(24.0, 50.0);

  alignedSource->SetLongitudeRange(-126.0, -66.0);

  imageRep->SetSource(alignedSource);

  m_geoview->AddRepresentation(imageRep);

  m_geoview->ResetCamera();

  m_geoview->GetRenderer()->GetActiveCamera()->Zoom(1.2);

  vtkViewTheme* theme = vtkViewTheme::New();

  m_geoview->ApplyViewTheme(theme);

  theme->Delete();

  m_geoview->Render();

Donny Zimmerman