[vtkusers] Create 3-D surface from 2-D contours of slices

jimcp at cox.net jimcp at cox.net
Sun Oct 24 12:56:05 EDT 2010

I am not sure if there is a free description of the content of "polydata". The vtk book is the definitive reference and does go into considerable detail regarding the meaning of the term "polydata". My interpretation is it is a term used for any unstructured grid representation, this could be a limited or incomplete due to my own limited understanding. My understanding is Polydata objects always contain some number of points coordinates and may have lines, polygons, normals, scalars or other forms of array data associated with the object being described.

This means the output from the contour widget is polydata of points and lines, the output from other filters may be cells, triangle strips or the like. My suggestion would be to run the example exactly first, then replace the generation of the circles with your contour widget output. you may need to take some additional actions to assert that the point ids you build into the contour are oriented to produce a useful set of polygons.

Hope that helps,
Jim