[vtkusers] Create 3-D surface from 2-D contours of slices

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 12:22:23 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM, shengweng <shengwen.guo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response.
> I have tried the method before, but I could only display the contours, and
could not get surface.
>  The following code you pointed out generated the PolyData explicitly, but
the ContourWidget create the PolyData implicitly, I don't know how to check
if the contours are stored in the PolyData correctly and there were points
and lines, no
> vertex,cells in the PolyData.

You should be able to get an explicit PolyData of the contour from the
widget by casting the GetRepresentation() as a
 vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation.html#_details)
and
use the GetContourRepresentationAsPolyData () function.

vtkPolyData* polydata
= vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation::SafeDownCast(widget->GetRepresentation())->GetContourRepresentationAsPolyData();

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

David